Tonight I made a recipe I received from a friend. She made it for us when I had my second baby, and it was delicious!! Not saying this is the lowest calorie meal, but I tried to substitute in low cal, low fat, fat free, etc. where I could. The last step of this recipe is adding in the cream of chicken soup and chicken stock. I ended up cooking a little too long (I thought it was a little dry) because I was worried that the casserole was not set yet. Turns out, I could have cooked about 15 minutes less and let it stand on the counter for a few minutes and it would have been fine. I made this on Tuesday before I was making another one for a family in our sunday school class the next day. So it was a good trial run. This casserole heats up again well- we had leftovers for lunch the next day. The family whom I made this casserole for the next day said it was delicious and wanted the recipe, so I guess cooking less time made a difference. Green beans accompanied this casserole. It's definitely a favorite recipe and will show up again throughout the year!
Sunday, January 20, 2013
Jan. 15 Cheesy Chicken Casserole
Tonight I made a recipe I received from a friend. She made it for us when I had my second baby, and it was delicious!! Not saying this is the lowest calorie meal, but I tried to substitute in low cal, low fat, fat free, etc. where I could. The last step of this recipe is adding in the cream of chicken soup and chicken stock. I ended up cooking a little too long (I thought it was a little dry) because I was worried that the casserole was not set yet. Turns out, I could have cooked about 15 minutes less and let it stand on the counter for a few minutes and it would have been fine. I made this on Tuesday before I was making another one for a family in our sunday school class the next day. So it was a good trial run. This casserole heats up again well- we had leftovers for lunch the next day. The family whom I made this casserole for the next day said it was delicious and wanted the recipe, so I guess cooking less time made a difference. Green beans accompanied this casserole. It's definitely a favorite recipe and will show up again throughout the year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment